About The Program
NEW YORK DANCE PROJECT COMPANY
New York Dance Project is a company dedicated to dance performance of a diverse repertory that ranges from ballet and modern classics, to new contemporary works that defy categorization. NYDP provides performance opportunities to emerging and professional artists, promotes new choreography and collaboration between genres and brings fresh ideas to the concert dance stage.
NYDP is a unique company that works with each dancer to achieve their fullest professional potential, giving them intensive individual attention, tailoring the repertory to challenge and educate them, and providing a dance company experience for them to better understand what it takes to be a professional dancer. Our dancers are both emerging artists beginning their careers and freelance professionals, including apprentices who are on scholarships or pay tuition to train full-time as junior members of the company. In a rigorous professional setting, NYDP bridges the gap between training and becoming a professional dancer. New York Dance Project is also committed to the American dance legacy of Robert Joffrey and Gerald Arpino.
For upcoming performances and tours, please click here. For audition information, click here. For tuition information and scholarships, please email email@example.com
New York Dance Project Dancers
Cheyenne Fitzsimons * Brittany Larrimer
Maria Gabriela Perez Quintero * Patrick Ward
Nikita Boris * Ashley Brandt * Francesca Kraszewski * Hannah Menchu
Charles Waldron * Christian Williams
Visi Ajazi * Jose Manuel Esteban * Xhevit Isufi * Jenna Torgeson * Valerie Valencia
Jose Sales Givaudan * Agustin Gomes * Omar Rodriguez * Raquel Rodriguez * Paulina Riviello Velazquez
Aleah Gani – Ballet Next (2018)
Giulia Faria – New York Theatre Ballet (2018)
- Giulia Parodi – JAS Art Ballet Company (Milan, Italy, 2018)
Daniel White – Ailey II apprentices (2018)
- Jenny Winton – Aspen Santa Fe Ballet (2018)
- Indiana Terzolo – Teatro General San Martin (Buenos Aires, Argentina)
NYDP ALUMNI: Please stay in touch! Send us an email and tell us what you are up to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Gerald Arpino, “Birthday Variations,” “Light Rain,” “Viva Vivaldi”
- Robert Battle, “Battlefield”
- August Bournonville, “Napoli” (excerpts), “Flower Festival at Genzano”
- Africa Guzman, “Sinfonia Escarlata,” “Barocco”
- Tyler Gilstrap, “A Life Not Still,” “Peace Piece”
- Roger C. Jeffrey, “Phrases,” “3:52 am”
- Robert Joffrey, “Gamelan”
- Larry Keigwin, “Drumline”
- Gabrielle Lamb, “Enter Leaving”
- NYDP Dancers, “17 Viewpoints”
- Marius Petipa, “The Nutcracker,” “Raymonda”
- Dwight Rhoden, “And So It Is”
- Davis Robertson, “Duas,” “Entropy,” “At Water’s Edge,” “Strange Prisoners,” “Unequilibrium”
Information on the 2019-2020 apprentice tuition is coming soon! Please contact us directly if you have questions.
Tuition scholarships are available on a first come, first served basis. Scholarship amounts are determined during the audition process. Work Studies may also available to help supplement the cost of tuition for company apprentices.
For additional scholarships or work study information, contact email@example.com.