WELCOME TO NYDP BALLET ACADEMY!!!
We are a community of dancers that celebrate one another’s successes, supports growth, and encourages fearless artistic expression. Our teachers and staff care for, champion, and mentor our dancers like family.
NYDP Ballet Academy offers world class dance training for all levels and ages from “Mommy and Me” to Adult Classes including a pre-professional division. Study with New York City’s finest dance educators in a positive and non-threatening environment. NYDP Ballet Academy is a resource for community, dance education, fitness, and mental wellness.
*****Our GoMotion App to register for classes is currently in development and should be live soon. The schedule is listed below. You can now attend classes and can pay with cash, cashapp or venmo at the studio. Our studio is located at 2744 Broadway in the Upper Westside. Please email us at Newyorkdanceproject@gmail.com if you plan on attending our classes for now until our Gomotion app is live and ready. Thank you for your understanding and patience =).
- Ballet Basics (4-6 years)– Classes are every Tuesday and Thursdays at 4:00pm- 4:45pm. Classes begin on June 6th.
- Ballet Basics (6-9 years)– Classes are every Tuesday and Thursdays at 5:00pm-5:45pm. Classes begin on June 6th.
- Ballet Barre. Every Friday 5:45pm-6:45pm/ Every Saturday 3:30pm-4:30pm/ Every Sunday 11:00am-12:00pm. Classes begin on May 19th.
- Yoga– Every Wednesday 6:00pm-7:00pm. Classes begin on May 24th.
- Restorative Yoga– Every Friday 7:00pm-8:00pm/ Everyday Saturday 10:00am-11:00am. Classes begin on May 19th.
- Power Flow Yoga– Every Monday 7:00pm-8:00pm/ Every Thursday 7:00pm-8:00pm. Classes begin May 22nd.
- Yoga Meditation- Every Tuesday 7:30pm-8:15pm/Every Thursday 8:00pm-8:45pm/ Every Saturday at 1:30pm-2:15pm and 5:15pm-6:00pm/ Every Sunday at 1:00pm-1:45pm & 3:45pm-4:30pm. Classes begin on June 3rd.
- Ballet Technique for Adults (Beginners)– Every Monday 6:00pm-7:00pm/ Every Wednesday 7:00pm-8:00pm/Every Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm. Classes Begin on May 22nd.
- Ballet Technique for Adults (Beginners/ Intermediate)- Every Tuesday 6:30pm-7:30pm/ Every Saturday 2:15pm-3:30pm/ Every Sunday 2:00pm-3:30pm. Classes begin on May 20th.
- Ballet Technique for Adults (Intermediate)– Every Wednesday 4:30pm-6:00pm. Classes begin on May 24th.
- Absolute Ballet- Every Tuesday 5:45pm-6:30pm/ Every Saturday 12:30pm-1:30pm/ Every Sunday 12:00pm-1:00pm. Classes begin on May 20th, however Saturday and Sunday classes do not begin until June 3rd and June 4th.
- Ballet Technique- Pre-professional (Intermediate/ Advanced)– Audition Required– Every Monday 4:30pm-6:00pm/ Every Saturday 11:00pm-12:30pm. Classes begin on June 3rd.
Young Dancer Program –
1 semester $680
2 semesters $1175
Pre-Professional Division –
Summer $400 Per week
1 semester $2,900
2 semesters $5,200
Yoga $15 per class
Other Classes- $20 per class
Yoga Monthly- $45 (Get the 4th class for free)
Other Classes Monthly- $60 (Get the 4th class for free)
Professional rate $10 – (show AGMA card)
Our mission is to make not only great dancers but great citizens. We care about the holistic development of an individual and foster growth through an intentional culture that yields excellence in a healthy capacity. NYDP offers complete dance education while inspiring students to fulfill their highest potential within a caring and nurturing environment. We believe that comprehensive dance education teaches lifelong lessons. Our mission is to shape dancers to embrace challenges, understand tenacity as a path to mastery, embody the strength that discipline offers, learn from constructive corrections, and feel empowered by the achievement of goals.
• Mommy & Me (12 mo-5 years) *for all Parents/Caregivers & Child (Coming Soon)
• Ballet Basics for ages 4-6 and 6-9
This program offers classes starting with the youngest ages to explore the joy of movement and music, progressing to classes that provide the necessary foundation for ballet training.
• Mommy & Me (12 mo-5 years) *for all Parents/Caregivers & Child
Introduce movement & music to your toddler or young child while attending class alongside them. Enjoy the magic of witnessing their discovery of freedom of expression. They will explore both group and individual movement modules.
• Ballet Basics (ages 4-6 and 6-9)
An introductory class for dancers with little to no previous ballet training. The class provides the foundation for advancement in the students’ training.
• Beginning Ballet for ages 8-12
• Intermediate Ballet for ages 10-13
• Advanced Ballet for ages 13+
New York Dance Project’s Pre-Professional Program offers a unique environment where young dancers can safely pursue their personal best from dance enthusiast to the complete foundation they will need to enter the professional world of ballet. NYDP builds versatile, strong, and capable dancers who enter the world with confidence, adaptability and ease. (Placement class required)
• Beginner Ballet (ages 8-12)
Beginning ballet for dancers with some previous experience in ballet. Students will solidify the foundational elements of ballet technique.
• Intermediate Ballet (ages 10-13)
Intermediate level ballet for dancers with some previous experience and who have knowledge of the foundational elements of ballet.
• Advanced Ballet (ages 13+)
Advanced level ballet for dancers with a solid foundational understanding of ballet technique and are ready to be challenged.
Beginning Pointe Fundamentals – An introductory class for dancers with little to no previous pointe training. The class provides the foundation for intermediate and advanced pointe work.
Intermediate/Advanced Pointe – A class for dancers who have a strong foundation in pointe work. This class involves barre work, center and advances to include excerpts from classical repertoire.
• Absolute Ballet
• Adult Beginner Ballet
• Intermediate Ballet
• Advanced/Professional Ballet
• Yoga ( Yoga, Restorative Yoga, Power Flow Yoga, Yoga Meditation)
• Adult Beginner Ballet– An introductory class for dancers with little to no previous ballet training. The class provides the foundation for advancement in the students’ training.
• Intermediate Ballet – Intermediate level ballet for dancers with some previous experience and who have knowledge of the foundational elements of ballet.
• Advanced/Professional Ballet– Advanced level ballet for dancers with a comprehensive understanding of ballet technique.
• Yoga– Whether a beginner, advanced practitioner, or student working with injuries/ conditions, join this flowing yoga class geared towards an individualized experience. You will be led through an active and meditative Ayurvedic based class. Plenty of modifications will be offered while focusing on calming the nervous system.
Registration and further information is available by emailing NYDPAUDITIONS@GMAIL.COM
Dress Code For Dancers Of All Genders
Please arrive between fifteen and thirty minutes prior to the class start time. Dressing rooms are available for quick changes and washrooms are onsite.
Adults: Please wear form fitting dancewear that allows for unrestricted movement.
Teenagers 13+: Please wear a solid color leotard and tights. Skirts and only form fitting warm ups permitted. Come prepared with footwear appropriate for the class style. Socks permitted for contemporary classes.
Children 12mo+: Please wear a black leotard and pink tights (girls)
and black tights with white shirt (boys)
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com with any questions.