WELCOME TO NYDP BALLET ACADEMY
We are a community of dancers that celebrate one another’s successes, supports growth, and encourages fearless artistic expression. Our teachers and staff care for, champion, and mentor our dancers like family.
NYDP Ballet Academy offers world class dance training for all levels and ages from “Mommy and Me” to Adult Classes including a pre-professional division. Study with New York City’s finest dance educators in a positive and non-threatening environment. NYDP Ballet Academy is a resource for community, dance education, fitness, and mental wellness.
Our mission is to make not only great dancers but great citizens. We care about the holistic development of an individual and foster growth through an intentional culture that yields excellence in a healthy capacity. NYDP offers complete dance education while inspiring students to fulfill their highest potential within a caring and nurturing environment. We believe that comprehensive dance education teaches lifelong lessons. Our mission is to shape dancers to embrace challenges, understand tenacity as a path to mastery, embody the strength that discipline offers, learn from constructive corrections, and feel empowered by the achievement of goals.
PLEASE EMAIL US AT NEWYORKDANCEPROJECT@GMAIL.COM IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS.
- Flowing Ayurvedic Yoga– Every Wednesday 6:00pm-7:00pm.
- Kripalu Hatha Yoga – Everyday Saturday 10:00am-11:00am.
- Power Vinyasa Flow Yoga– Every Sunday 10:00am-11:00am.
- Ballet Technique for Adults (Beginners)– Every Monday 6:00pm-7:00pm/ Every Thursday 6:00pm-7:00pm.
- Absolute Ballet- Every Tuesday 5:45pm-6:30pm/ Every Sunday 12:00pm-1:00pm.
- Ballet Barre – Every Saturday 11:15am-12:15pm / Every Sunday 11:00am-12:00pm.
Flowing Ayurvedic Yoga-
Every Wednesday 6pm-7pm
Instructor- Michelle Vargo
Kripalu Hatha Yoga
Every Saturday 10am-11am
Instructor- Tatiana Tresca
Power Vinyasa Flow Yoga
Sunday 10am- 11am
Instructor Heidi Knecht-Seegers (Sunday)
Instructor- Sarah Simon Wolff
Instructor- Sarah Simon Wolff
Ballet Technique for Adults (Beginners)
Instructor- Jose Traba
Description of Classes
• Adult Beginner Ballet
An introductory class for dancers with little to no previous ballet training. The class provides the foundation for advancement in the students’ training.
• Absolute Beginners Ballet
Never taken a ballet class before? This is the class for you. Has it been since you were a young child that you took a ballet class? This is the class for you 🙂
– Students will learn the very basics of ballet and a foundation that will allow them to progress forward into higher level classes.
A ballet barre only given at a basic level and meant to promote a workout. The ballet barre class is suitable for all ages and levels.
Whether a beginner, advanced practitioner, or student working with injuries/ conditions, join this flowing yoga class geared towards an individualized experience. You will be led through an active and meditative Ayurvedic based class. Plenty of modifications will be offered while focusing on calming the nervous system.
- Kripalu Hatha yoga class: A class suitable for all levels, builds strength, flexibility, and relaxation with a gentle flow of sustained poses.The guidance and options, aligned to the breath, focus on joyful self awareness.
- Michelle’s Flowing Ayurvedic yoga: Whether a beginner, advanced practitioner, or student working with injuries/ conditions, join this flowing yoga class geared towards an individualized experience. Michelle will lead you through an active and meditative Ayurvedic based class. Plenty of modifications will be offered while focusing on calming the nervous system.
- Heidi’s Power Vinyasa Flow classes are mindful and playful: a vigorous yet accessible journey exploring the balance between awareness, effort, and breath. Near the end of each class, she also guides the class through a Hero’s Moment…. a brief and insightful meditation. Heidi specializes in modifications for physical limitations, injury prevention, and alignment. She wants all students to feel supported in their yoga journeys, regardless of age, experience, or physical condition. Reduce your stress with fluid transitions from pose to pose. Build strength and improve flexibility as you seamlessly link body, breath, and movement. The emphasis is on you: Find your Flow! Come play and stay connected to your youthful self.
- Yoga $15 per class
- Other Classes– $20 per class
- Professional rate $10 – (show AGMA card)
Membership (Auto- Renewal)
- Yoga $45/month- 1 class per week but you get the 4th class for free
- Other Classes Monthly– $60/month- 1 class per week, but you get the 4th class for free
Dress Code For Dancers Of All Genders
****Please arrive between fifteen and thirty minutes prior to the class start time. Dressing rooms are available for quick changes and washrooms are onsite.
Adults: Please wear form fitting dancewear that allows for unrestricted movement.
Teenagers 13+: Please wear a solid color leotard and tights. Skirts and only form fitting warm ups permitted. Come prepared with footwear appropriate for the class style. Socks permitted for contemporary classes.
Children 12mo+: Please wear a black leotard and pink tights (girls) and black tights with white shirt (boys)